Now Hiring: Summer Student Support Worker Position
Posted: May 9th, 2018 in EMPLOYMENT
SUMMER STUDENT POSITION
- Provide supportive services for persons in conflict with the law or at risk of becoming in conflict with the law, with particular focus on women and young women.
- Provide information and practical assistance
- Provide housing support services.
- Provide group and 1-1 counselling
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, orientation and training.
- Assist with coordinating fundraising initiatives.
- Summer student initiative, returning to full-time post secondary school.
- Related field of study: Social Work, Corrections, Law and Justice, Child and Youth
- Additional training in Crisis Intervention, Suicide Intervention, and CPR, First Aid preferred.
- Understanding of issues related to conflict with the law, homelessness, poverty, violence/abuse, addictions, and mental health.
- Ability to use computers and a working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Sensitivity to diversity and all cultures is essential.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 16:00pm
Please submit your resume to: The Elizabeth Fry Society,
Attention: Hiring committee
Mail or In-Person:
204 Elm Street, Sudbury, ON