Now Hiring: Summer Student for Court Worker Position
Posted: May 9th, 2018 in EMPLOYMENT
SUMMER STUDENT POSITION
• Provide supportive services and counselling for persons in conflict with the law or at risk of becoming in conflict with the law, with particular focus on women and young women.
• Provide information and practical assistance
• Observe court proceedings and record outcomes.
• Interpret court orders, provide court support.
• Record, monitor and track statistical data.
• Assist with coordinating fundraising initiatives.
• Summer student initiative, returning to full-time post-secondary school.
• Related field of study: Social Work, Corrections, Law and Justice, Child and Youth
• Additional training in Crisis Intervention, Suicide Intervention, and CPR, First Aid an asset.
• Understanding of issues related to conflict with the law, homelessness, poverty, violence/abuse, addictions, and mental health.
• Ability to use computers and a working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• Sensitivity to diversity and all cultures is essential.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 16:00pm
Please submit your resume to: The Elizabeth Fry Society,
Attention: Hiring committee
Mail or In-Person:
204 Elm Street, Sudbury, ON