Employment Opportunity -Bail Supervisor: North Bay Site
Posted: July 18th, 2017 in EMPLOYMENT
To provide pre-trial verification and supervision services for accused persons in accordance
with Ministry Guidelines, Service Agreement and provincial standards.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Education and Knowledge:
- BSW or BA in related field (Law, Psychology, Sociology) and/or ability to register with Ontario Colleges of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
- CPIC Clearance
- CPI Non Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- CPR and First Aid
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Knowledge of Bail Verification and Supervision Programs in Ontario
- Knowledge of the provincial standards for bail verification and supervision
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation, regulations and court procedures governing bail
- Knowledge of the roles and functions of probation and parole officers, jail, correctional centers, community resources, treatment and detention centers
Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in the field of criminal justice. Direct experience working within the local courts, including bail proceedings, and correctional institutions
- Experience working with various court professionals including court security, duty counsel, defense lawyers, crown attorney, and other court support services
- Community relations, public education and collaborative skills.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relevant stakeholder relationships
- Sound knowledge of the roles and functions of probation and parole officers, jail, correctional centres, community resources, treatment and detention centres
- Sound knowledge of issues related to persons whom have experienced criminalization, mental health illness, poverty, addictions, homelessness, marginalization, trauma and abuse.
- Excellent interviewing, counselling, case management skills
- Excellent report writing, recording, data collection and statistical management skills
- Superior analytical and decision making skills
- Strong team member with ability to also work independently
- Advanced oral and written communication and Interpersonal skills, English and French. Bilingualism preferred. If no bilingual candidates meet the qualifications, unilingual candidates may be considered.
Deadline for applications: Monday, July 31st, 2017 at 12:00 p.m.
Apply in person, fax or email.
Only .pdf File formats will be accepted for email applicants.
The Elizabeth Fry Society,
Attention: Hiring committee
204 Elm Street, Sudbury,
ON P3C 1V3
Starting wage for position is $18.00 per hour with Health Benefit Package Available